- Christmas gifts: I've made 9 and need 1 more. 5 are packed and ready to be sent to the US, the others are for locals.
- Green half-square triangles: I did cut a few more a couple of weeks ago, but this is on hold until after Christmas.
- Crumb quilt: the finished flimsy has been set aside, but I did pick up some sale fabric for the back and binding.
- Challenge cushion: finished and submitted. These will be unveiled on Dec 13 and I think that the judging will go through to January (viewers choice).
- Blue snowflakes: nothing.
- Equilateral triangle baby quilt (NEW!): started this week - more below.
- Blue/brown circles (NEW!): Just in the planning stages - more below.
Baby quilt started
My friend at work is expecting and after I found out I started collecting some fabrics to make a baby quilt for her. I thought I had loads of time until she announced last week that her last day at work was December 8. Surely she's not due yet, it could not have been 9 months! It turns out she will be working from home until the baby is born in mid-late January, but that does not help me. So, I gave myself the hurry up and got started this weekend.
I chose to use equilateral triangles because I like the patterns that can emerge. I've cut all the triangles out and have sewn 2 rows together before I realised that I swapped two of the prints in every instance. Hmm...still deciding if I should rethink my layout or get the seam ripper.
My mother sent me some fabric that she purchased for me a while ago. The colours match my living room perfectly. So, I went out to get some other fabrics to add to them and have ended up with a big pile. I want to make circles using a traditional drunkard's path block, but mix it up in a modern way. That's as far as I've progressed.