We are off on an extended 3-month journey to the US starting mid-April. This means that I have a lot of planning to do (thanks goodness for hubby taking on much of that planning for me). Because I contract at work and am not sure there will be a job waiting for me, I need to wrap up everything, document it, and hand it over to other people. This has been weighing heavily on me and seems to be sapping me of some creative energy.
But I have been sewing...(sorry, no pictures this time)
- March Block Lotto - love the HSTs and managed to throw together 7 of these blocks.
- April Block Lotto - Sneak Peak. I put together 3 blocks so far and really want to finish 9 of them, especially since I had to source some 'special' fabrics for this one.
- AMQG fundraising quilt - prototype blocks - I volunteered to organise this (what was I thinking?) and have narrowed the options down to 3 blocks. The stars are winning. Our next meeting is 10 April, so I will need to present the guidelines and instructions (oh, and make a block).
- AMQG challenge - Many of the members regularly make small quilts to donate to Auckland Starship Hospital's special care baby unit (SCBU). This challenge is to make a small quilt (minimum size is 20" square, I think) and then donate the quilt to the hospital. I chose to use one of the NY beauty patterns (this one was from Sew Sweetness). I've finished the 4 blocks to make up the circle and now need a border and to finish it by 10 April.
- Cotton Robin round robin - I can't post much about this one because it's supposed to be secret until the quilts are done. I've done the first border on one block and sent it on a few weeks ago. My next block with one border already on it arrived last week. I've decided on the design for the final border for this one and need to get it done and posted by next week.
- Crumb quilt - I never posted the finished quilt. I think I finished more than a month ago. DD has adopted it and she and the dog sleep with it every night.
- Green HST - no progress.
- Blue snowflake - started another block (this one blue on white) in February, but no progress since then.
When I'm in the US we will be travelling a lot. Anyone that has a favorite quilt destination (shop, gallery, antiques, etc.) please let me know. We will be in/around these cities in April-May:
- Fredericksburg, VA
- Nags Head, NC
- Charleston, NC
- Savannah, GA
- Florida City, FL
- Orlando, FL
- Port St. Lucie, FL
- St. Petersburg, FL
- Destin, FL
- Natchez, MS
- Memphis, TN
- Paducah, KY
- Mammoth Caves, KY