Monday, June 13, 2011

June Block Lotto




This month's block was simple (too simple even?) but I loved the focus on colours rather than construction. As always, my stash, although manageable, lets me down when I'm looking for the perfect something. But, I think that's why I enjoy playing the Block Lotto so much - believe it or not, it allows me to be unrestrained.


I try very hard to be disciplined and not have too many things on the go. UFOs are fine if they are flying over the desert, not so great in my old house with no storage space. So, each month with Block Lotto I get to do something 'new' without comitting to a whole big project. Of course, if I ever win one month, I will have a new project to deal with. So far, this has not happened (is that good or bad luck?)


Here's a close-up of one of this month's blocks. The colours were violet through to spring green. I spent a lot of time thinking about the colours and pondered my colour wheel a bit. Amazing how colour trends change - all of the greens I see these days are yellow-greens; true greens are harder to find. True blues and violets (purples) are rare as well. Miost blues are a bit green and most purples are quite red.


Although Sophie has not been too strict with the exact colour matching, I was strict on myself to make it more challenging. Always a lesson learned when I do Block Lotto.

No comments:

Post a Comment