Sunday, January 5, 2014

Tea towel challenge - fabric selection

I've decided on my tea towel - I had two to choose from, both vintage, and both ordered on Etsy. I just couldn't help choosing the cute and quirky owls; the Christmas one will have to wait for some other project.


I looked through my stash and I only had one fabric that matched, so I headed off to one of the local quilt shops on Friday to pick some more fabrics. Easier said than done, but I eventually found a selection that I am happy with.


I have no idea what I will do, but I think I will start with a narrow border of orange and I will finish with an orange binding. I am considering replicating an owl or two in applique - I already have 2 favorite owls (are they marching or dancing?).


I'm in the process of packing up my sewing stuff. I've allowed myself 3 plastic storage boxes for projects and 'essentials' like thread and rotary cutters. The rest will be put into storage for the next few months. I just can't decide which machine to keep set up and which to pack up.

Linking up to Sopie's blog - she is hosting the tea towel challenge.

Join me for the Tea Towel Challenge 2014

4 comments:

  1. I WANT to believe those goose-stepping pink owls are DANCING, but either way, this is such a great tea towel design. The colors are amazing and the fabrics that you have collected are great. This is going to be one colorful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're dancing! Love your towel. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is tough. Im not directing fingertips at you though, I think it is everyone else out there that is not getting notice.


    Top Ten Web Hosting Reviews

    ReplyDelete