Last week I mounted my green triangle quilt onto my Swiftquilter frame. I decided only to quilt the white areas and leave the green untouched. I'm hoping this will highlight the green squares. I'm using simple freehand feathers for most of it and some loopy daisies in the white squares and setting triangles on the borders.
So far it's going fine, although in the interest of not stopping/starting (and creating annoying threads to deal with) I have struggled with the transitions between some of the white sections. I know that it will all look fine, but I'm unhappy with a few bits that didn't quite work how I wanted them to. In hindsight, I would have approached some of it slightly different. I did not follow my own advice and test the quilting on a paper version. The feathers are easy, but I should have experimented with moving from one section to the next.
I'm also working on a new quilt that I have done one prototype block and started cutting fabrics. I'm having a sewing day with the Monday Modern girls this weekend and will work on it there - will post when I have a few pictures.
My round robin block has arrived and I'm thinking about the first border for that one. Unfortunately, that project is all secret squirrel until the finished quilts are revealed - so nothing to say there.
Not an exciting conclusion to this post, but sometimes life is like that. Linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced this week.