Monday, February 9, 2015

A finished quilt top (finally!)

I can't believe it's been so long since I've posted - but, I have not done much since I was away for a while visiting the US.

This quilt has been on the go for 3-1/2 years. Of course, it's been pushed aside many times and for long periods, but I was determined to get it finished during the summer holidays before I started back at work a week ago. For the whole story, check out previous posts about this quilt here. (Thanks Catherine for taking the pic and sending it to me.)

The finished size is 75" square and it's made up of 3,200 triangles. I haven't bothered to count, but I suspect that there are about 40 green and grey fabrics and a similar number of white/cream fabrics. I did buy quite a few fat quarters when I initially thought of doing a green quilt, but many of the fabrics have been from my stash or were bits from other projects along the way.

I am now working on the back. As usual it is pieced out of necessity. I have a few 1 yard cuts of green and white but am struggling getting it pieced in an efficient and attractive way. Some days I think I should buy a bolt of extra wide fabric and just use it for all my backs.

Hopefully I will be ready to quilt it on the weekend...better check to see if I have a big piece of batting; otherwise, I'm off to the shop one night this week.

1 comment: