Thursday, July 9, 2015

Q3 finish along goals

2015 FAL at On the Windy Side

I can't believe the year is half-way through. Where has the time gone? I managed to complete 2 quilts last quarter and there was one unfinished that I had on my list of hopefuls - so that one is on this quarter's list again.

It's the pink kitty quilt, which is now a flimsy made up of 25 blocks. This one needs to go onto the frame and get quilted. I am having a bit of a creative block and don't know how I want to quilt this one and I've packed up my frame because my 'studio' (actually, a basement apartment) is currently occupied.


Believe it or not, I have nothing else on the go. So this weekend I started 'analyzing' my scraps. Everyone has a different definition of a scrap. Mine are mostly small and fill up a basket in my sewing room. The more I dig through it, the bigger it gets. Sometimes, when I am feeling industrious, I trim and sort them into 4 piles: 1-1/2" squares, 2-1/2" squares, biggish pieces (5" or more), and strips.

I've decided to do a block that I did in March 2014 with Block Lotto - it's called star chain and it's a 14" block. I've reworked the instructions slightly and am using only fabric from the scrap basket. The center stars will be hot colors (red, orange, bright pink), the chains will be cool colors (blue, green), and the background will be low volume (mostly white, cream, and light gray). I made one block as a prototype, so we will see how it goes.


The third project is to do something with my paper pieced rabbit. It's been hanging on the wall for a while now, so it's time to make it up into a pillow (or something).


Linking up with Adrianne at On The Windy Side for this quarters finish along.

2 comments:

  1. The star chain is cute, I think it will make a nice lattice with multiple blocks too. Thanks again for making my rabbit, I'm looking forward to seeing whatever you come up with :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pink kitty quilt... the assorted pinks look so effective against the greys! Ah, and I spotted your paper pieced rabbit over on Robyn's post, love the scrappiness here!

    ReplyDelete