Thursday, August 25, 2011

Challenge progress

I have been working on my challenge pillow and have finished piecing the front and am well on my way to finish the back. I decided to use the same pattern but a different combination of the fabrics for the back mainly as an experiment in how a pattern can look so different with a few minor changes.

The finished front looks like this.



Here's an idea of what the back will look like.



WIP summary:

  • Green/blue challenge pillow: Going well. Can't wait to do some FMQ on a manageable scale.
  • Green HST: cut out some more squares (hundreds) and sewed another 100 together but nothing to show for it except lots of piles of squares.
  • Block lotto: made 3 more of August's block - love it and hope to win.
  • Blue snowflake: no progress.
  • One-patch: no progress.

3 comments:

  1. I love both the front and the back. I like using prints for sashing, I think it gives a really interesting look. This is going to look fabulous. I love the idea to use a variation of the blocks from the front on the back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fun to see these Cross-X type blocks all arrayed in rows and in a grid. It will be beautiful. You have a lot going on--it will be interesting to keep up with your progress on your projects! (Sorry it's Friday--I'm a little slow on my WIP comments this week!)

    Elizabeth E.
    http://occasionalpiece.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is going to be a great quilt! It is a pattern much like the Supernova that Lee - Freshly Pieced - had the QAL for last spring, if you wanted to check out another variation on colour placement.

    ReplyDelete