Thursday, September 29, 2011

It's Wednesday

I've been very busy and cranking out crumb blocks like nobody's business. More on those later.

WIP update:
  • Challenge pillow: have machine quilted the front and the back. I've been dragging my feet on doing the side pieces but it is my goal for the weekend. See it here.

  • Green half-square triangles: cut and pieced enough squares for 10 more blocks (yes, that's 720 triangles). Repetitive, yes, but am looking forward to the results.

  • Crumb along: I started a crumb quilt and am following along with Jo. So far we've done flying geese, hearts, stars, and 4 and 9-patches. So far I have 30 6" blocks. More below...

Here are all of my crumb blocks so far. I just love making them - no thinking, just grabbing whatever takes my fancy.



I struggled with my hearts at first, but they are growing on me and getting better. This week's 4 or 9-patches are not as fun as the stars, but I managed to put together some - only a few little 9-patches, but there will be more to come.

Here's a taste of some new ones.



I also spent some time on October's Block Lotto sneak preview. I'm not allowed to share anything about them until the first of the month. The colors (blue, cream, and a touch of brown) were selected by vote so that's not a surprise to anyone. What could they be this month? I realised that I have lots of soft chalky blues which is one of my favourite colors - so much so that besides beige and brown it's the only other color I have in my living room and family room.

Coincidentally, my mom sent me some fabric this week - it's blue and cream and brown. Completely unrelated to the Block Lotto colors, but definitely because of my home decor. Apparently, she bought them a while ago (maybe to make something for me?) Now they are mine so I had to go shopping and find some others to work with. I'll post them when I start to work on that project - but must finish a few things before then.

4 comments:

  1. I like all your crumb blocks very much, and I have to agree that your hearts are looking mighty fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW...You have been cracking them out like nobody's business. Way to go girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blocks look so pretty all together!! I love the hearts too, so far my favorite!! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blocks! I especially love how your flying geese blocks look with all the others...I must make more of those I think!

    ReplyDelete