Sunday, May 3, 2015

Making progress

My sunshine quilt is all pieced and ready to quilt. I debated how I would quilt it and finally decided that an all-over pattern would suit me best right now. My instinct is to quilt around all of the piecing, but this takes much longer and has a much higher frustration rate. The truth is that my Swiftquilter frame setup is best used for all over designs and I seem to forget this fact.


Of course, there was still a quilt on the frame, but now that is off an I am working on the binding. This quilt seems really heavy, but I think that's the result of all of the piecing - it's easy to forget how much fabric is hidden in all of the seams. I'm looking forward to sleeping under it though. I used a wool blend batting which is softer and puffier than cotton. Perfect timing now that it's getting a bit chillier.

Here's a peek at the quilting.


A new project is a paper-pieced block that I made to help Robyn test her new pattern. I'm not sure what I will make with it, so it's hanging on the design wall waiting for some attention.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Your sunshine quilt already looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete